Wesley House Family Services could not accomplish its day-to-day work of protecting and nurturing children and strengthening families without federal and state funding. But with private donations, we can offer the special support and encouragement to the children and families of the Florida Keys that they deserve.
Wesley House has an enduring commitment to quality and always chooses to follow best-practice methods in everything we do. Private funding is best-practice funding.
Some of the many examples of services Wesley House provides because of private donations are:
- Assisting with the many additional expenses a foster family endures with a new foster child, such as a new bed or clothing for the school year;
- Helping potential “forever” adoptive families who live in other areas of the state or country with travel expenses so they can meet and develop a relationship with their new child prior to adoption;
- Providing free books to children of all ages through our Parents as First Teachers Program, which encourages parents to help their child pick out an age-appropriate book and either read to their child or help them read their new book;
- Lending a hand to 18-year-old foster youth aging out of foster care who are without the support and love of a traditional family so they can purchase furniture and kitchen utensils for a new home;
- Aiding families in crisis with funds to help with rent, utilities and medical expenses, which will sometimes allow a child to safely remain with his or her parents while they work through their difficulties; and
- Helping fund a “Discovery Garden” at our Inez Martin Child Development Center to help the children become more aware of good nutrition and water conservation through the use of rain barrels.
Wesley House Family Services is recognized as a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. Your generous contribution will help us continue to protect and nurture children and strengthen families throughout Monroe County.